Monday, July 18, 2011

Pasta Salad with Goat Cheese and Arugula: revisited...


Nancy posted this recipe about a year ago.  While going through some of my menu's past, I found it.  
I made it again tonight...  and this time, I served it warm.  I let the warm pasta wilt the arugula and melt the goat cheese a little...  I also cooked up some bacon and chopped up a rotisserie chicken and threw that in.  I reserved some of the bacon grease and caramelized the red onion just a bit.  It was so good!  
The original post (here) also recommended you double the dressing.  I didn't, and I wish I had!  So, go ahead, double the dressing!  You don't have to use it all, if you don't think you need it as you taste it.


Serves 4
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 3/4 pound gemelli or other short pasta
  • 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
  • 3/4 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese (3 ounces)
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 bunch arugula (8 ounces), torn
  • 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced

Directions

  1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and rinse under cold water. In a large bowl, toss pasta with beans and goat cheese.
  2. Make dressing: In a bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and mustard and season with salt and pepper. (To store, refrigerate pasta mixture and dressing separately, up to 1 day.) To serve, toss pasta mixture with dressing, arugula, and onion.

Recipe and Photo,  Martha, Everyday Food, June 09

No comments: