It's getting warm outside!! Time to hose off the grill and light er' up!
I love this salad. It is a perfect side dish to just about any grilled meat, or a roasted chicken, fish..
Or, if you're like me, just a fork.
I double the dressing. I like my pasta salad to have plenty of it. Also, since there is just the three of us, it sits overnight and the pasta soaks up the dressing. It can leave it a bit dry. The creamy goat cheese, peppery Arugula.. yum!
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound gemelli or other short pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese (3 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch arugula (8 ounces), torn
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and rinse under cold water. In a large bowl, toss pasta with beans and goat cheese.
- Make dressing: In a bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and mustard and season with salt and pepper. (To store, refrigerate pasta mixture and dressing separately, up to 1 day.) To serve, toss pasta mixture with dressing, arugula, and onion.
Recipe and Photo, Martha, Everyday Food, June 09