Saturday, October 23, 2010

Chili Relleno Rice

I have to confess that I did a very bad thing. I was browsing around Barnes and Noble this week and I came across Tyler Florence's new Cookbook, Family Meal. While I flipped through it I came across a recipe that sounded soooo good, and would match perfectly with the Ribeye Steak and Corn on the Cob Meal I was planning to cook for my family who was visiting from Colorado. I didn't want to be obvious (not sure on the rules about stealing a recipe without buying the book); which, by the way, is fabulous and is on the top of my Christmas list this year. So as I was trying to memorize the recipe, I decided to do this:
Camera phones come in handy sometimes. Is this illegal? Should I not be airing my dirty laundry on this blog? Well, either way, I will buy the book, I promise. And I feel much better now.
Amen.

Chili Relleno Rice

2 Cups Cooked Rice
2 Cups Sour Cream
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
2 (7 oz) Cans Chopped Green Chili's
2 1/4 Cups Cubed Monterey Jack Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375.
In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, cream of chicken soup, green chili's, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
In a casserole dish, add rice. Pour cream mixture and over the rice. Drop in cubes of cheese and stir to combine. Cover and bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes until warm and bubbly and slightly brown on top. Delicious!!
Recipe from Tyler Florence Cookbook, Family Meal

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought this cookbook a few months ago and this was the first recipe I tried. It is fabulous!!! Everyone wants the recipe. I LOVE a really beautiful cookbook and actually read this in two sittings front to back. Got teary/can totally relate to his love of family and friends and making them happy with his cooking. Such a wonderful gift. And, oh yeah, don't feel too bad about copying it!

Anonymous said...

Working for a publisher I can tell you that posting this is in violation of copyright laws but, you sure made me put this cookbook on my wish list! :) That's GOT to be a good thing! Seems like good advertising to me.