Monday, May 24, 2010

Memorial Day Menu

here have we been?! I feel like I haven't posted forever! Sorry about that. You really don't want to know what I have been eating, because it is very boring and comes in all shades of green. Lettuce! Lots and lots of lettuce....
We are having a BBQ for Memorial Day Weekend, and here is what is on the menu:

Neely's Surf and Turf ~ This sounds like a great, affordable way to serve Surf and Turf!  It's grilled Strip Steaks (you can use whatever steaks you love) topped with a Shrimp Scampi style Butter! After reading the recipe and the reviews, I am making some changes.. I will use a pound of shrimp to feed 6 adults, and I will use 1 1/2 sticks of butter. The recipe calls for 2 sticks for 4 steaks, to 1/2 pound of shrimp. The shrimp to butter ratio seems off to me, I want more shrimp than butter; and I dont want to send anyone to their Cardiologist.

Pasta Salad with Goat Cheese and Arugula ~ Yum.

and for Dessert:
Strawberry Whipped Sensation ~ Fresh and light. Beware- it takes 6 hours to set up and freeze, so make it the night before!


I hope you have a very fun and safe Memorial Day Weekend with the ones you love! Bring on Summer!!

No comments: