Monday, July 12, 2010

I'm calling this one Salad Pasta...

...instead of Pasta Salad :) Pretty Clever, huh?



A few months ago, a friend of mine made a pasta salad from a recipe on the back of a (gasp!) Simply Pasta box... That gasp! is tongue in cheek - who am I to judge where someone gets a recipe, as long as it is good! And it was. Good, that is.
I've tried to find that recipe a few different times. And when all else failed, I just made up my own. So here is my version of that recipe,

Salad Pasta
4 oz Gemelli Pasta, cooked and cooled
a couple of handfuls of Romaine lettuce (I used half of a bag of salad)
1 cup of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
4 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed
1 small can of black olives or Kalamata olives, sliced
your favorite dressing - i used a Kraft sun-dried tomato vinaigrette (one of our favorites for pasta salad), my friend used a jar of basil pesto and it was delicious!!

I also sauteed some chicken breasts in olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper and a few splashes of balsamic vinegar. Then sliced them and served alongside the salad pasta.

No comments: