Sunday, February 1, 2009

Spinach Dip(s)

WARM SPINACH DIP
I found this recipe from a recipe blog I look at called Kelly's recipes. Jamie found it and I really like this girl! She has so many of the exact same recipes I have and love!! She must be wonderful, right ;)
I will post a link as soon as I get permission. Anyway I tried this spinach dip and its so good. I plan on making it again today to join my superbowl yummy's.

1 pkg frozen spinach
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz Monterrey jack cheese
6 oz Parmesan cheese
1 can Rotel
In a large saucepan, cook the spinach according to package. Drain. Add cheeses and melt on low heat. Add rotel, the whole can juice and all. (there isnt much juice in them). Serve with tortilla chips or bagel chips or melba toasts.
Next time I would probably add a cup or 2 of artichoke hearts, chopped, and some garlic.
COLD SPINACH DIP
This is the best cold dip I have found. Its KNORR VEGETABLE RECIPE MIX
(I used this one before I took the pic... missing the Knorr part). You can get this in any grocery store. Then add:
1 package (10 oz) chopped baby spinach or frozen cooked, drained and squeezed
1 (16 oz) container sour cream
1 cup mayo
1 package recipe mix
1 can (8 oz) water chestnuts, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
*I add one tomato chopped and seeded*
Mix all ingred's and chill at least 2 hours
I serve mine in a bread bowl with chunks of bread and assorted fresh veggies. Yum yum.

No comments: