Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ginger salad dressing

Do you have a favorite Japanese restaurant? I do.. or, I did until they tore it down and shipped the building back to Japan where it came from, or so I hear.. Who's big idea was that anyway?? I'd like to know. Gasho House of Japan. mmmmmmmm. Just thinking about it makes me happy. Okay back to the subject. I dunno about you, but I am madly, deeply, desperately in love with the salad dressing. I mean, I'd give my left pinky for the actual recipe. Well.. no one wants it, so here is one that I think is the closest I have ever gotten to the actual gold mine. Yumm-y


Now, this is the recipe as I tried it. However, if you are using your blender.. hello?? No need to mince the veggies. Just cut er' up and throw er' in. It turns out fine.
1/2 cup onion, minced
1/2 cup peanut oil
1/3 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
2 tablespoons celery, minced
2 tablespoons ketchup (ketchup, really? did the Japanese use ketchup?! maybe next I'll try it with a slice or two of tomato, I'm embarassed.)
4 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Directions
Combine all ingredients in a blender.
Blend on high speed for about 30 seconds or until all of the ginger is well pureed.
Recipe from Recipezaar.com

No comments: